News & Events
Earthworks And Enabling Contracts
Matthews Earthworks and Landscaping cover a vast array of projects that include planning and design right through to the finished site.
Our Earthwork services offer:
- On-site bulk earthmoving - cut and fill
- Bulk excavation and cart away
- Re-engineering of on-site materials
- Remediation of contaminated land
- Excavations situated in city centre sites
- Cart-away of inert and contaminated soil
- Handling and disposal of a variety of special wastes
- Top down excavations
- Land Surveys
Matthews work with clients to meet their specific landscaping requirements and provide a hassle free project from conception to completion. A major part of the work undertaken at Matthews has been the construction of noise alleviation mounds along busy major trunk roads and motorways. These large earth structures greatly reduce noise levels for residential property within the immediate vicinity.
Landfill Site Restorations
Returning former landfill sites back to high quality agricultural production is a major part of Matthews work. We use clean inert soils arising from our excavation projects and manufacture topsoil by screening and mixing soils with composted green waste. This creates an economic growing medium to British Standard BS3882.