News & Events
Client: Taylor Wimpey
Site: BAE Systems Technology Centre, Elettra Avenue, Waterlooville.
Start Date: January 2014
The site measured 4.42 Hectres and was known as BAE Systems Technology Park which formed part of the Brambles Farm Industrial Estate. The site contained buildings and car parking dating from the early1980s, originally occupied by Marconi and latterly by BAE following their buyout of Marconi.
The main building comprised of offices with annexe, rising to three storeys in height with a total floor area of 19,498m2.
The restaurant building measured some 973m2 and provided restaurant and rest facilities for employees on site. Enabling works also required removal of a car park that provided parking for approximately 831 vehicles, primarily located on the western side of the site with disabled and visitors car parking on the eastern side of the site.
Our works will entailed the demolition of the former BAE Systems buildings which includes the reception building and link to the main building, the demolition of the main building and the former restaurant.
• Works to these structures included:
• Removal of any Asbestos containing materials.
• The removal of all fixtures, fittings and services within the buildings.
• De gassing of the air conditioning system.
• Removal of services within the underground ducts.
• Capping off of all existing foul and storm drainage.
• Removal of all other demolition wastes.
• Demolish all structures to slab level.
• The removal of all slabs, foundation and external underground ducts to a depth of 2 m. Crushing of all
hard-core/concrete arising’s down to a grade of 6F2.